Thursday 13 February 2014

X and O

A little poem from a broken heart to a once special person.
Oh!  How time flies
How supposed truths become lies
How fierce emotions gradually die
How lovers are too quick to say goodbye
Beautiful memories turn into regrets
Pleas & apologies all fall on rejects
Once upon a time, we were a Romeo & Juliet
But now, you'd rather I take the bullet
Not long ago, it was all about me
None other mattered, only I was key
In my heart, you were always here
Even in trying times, you were forever near
One silly mistake and then another
Ranging from being Fumy to sunnier
But I tried to clear the atmosphere and bother
Made you understand that there was none other
Tossed into a den of lions filled with Martinis
But stuck together still despite hangovers and difficulties
The little time spent felt like forever
The beauty of having you and I together
Lots of X-factors aimed at separating us
But in all of this, we stood victorious
All in a flash, my motivation gone
I'm left nude, like a BB without a pouch
I couldn't paint you a Monalisa
But I cherished you as a brother does his sister.
I have no regrets in my heart
Of time spent with you who was my heart.
But all i plead and ask,
Bury whatever hatchet between us
And let sleeping dogs lie.
Once upon a time, you were my X and i was your O.

5 comments:

Make a Comment