Monday 26 January 2015

Born Sinner

Drowning in my thoughts, wondering pondering... No more.
It made me strong, a lot stronger than I thought.

A little man with a truckload of ambition,
Trying to stay afloat amidst distractions.
Yet another victim of societal norms,
Alone amongst a thousand and one.

Smitten by the frustrations of rejection,
Assaulted by poverty and hardship;
Surrounded by hypocrisy and mischief,
Crucified for loyalty,  faith and belief.

In a time of prestige and power,
Where money and money is the  order;
Who am I to criticize?
Born sinner, once also unwise.

If only I knew,
that which I now know;
If only I played
That role I was assigned to,
But then, Grace happened,
Born sinner, but I got better.

Pass the mic, not judgement,
Remember how it wasn't so cozy,
Doing things you weren't supposed to,
Listen to understand, it got harder than you supposed.

Life is a cliff,
One you climb and can't afford to be stiff,
We never knew, someone had to teach,
Inspire , help us climb until we reached.

Perfection needs time,
And time is all we have.
Until it runs out,
There's enough to make it right.

Born sinner, never was perfect
Born sinner, working to be perfect
But perfection is you,
Born sinner , but the definition of perfect.

Thank God for Life, You only live once.

1 comment:

Make a Comment